By incorporating elements of art and science, landscape designers work with plants and garden structures to blend buildings into nature. Upon hiring East Coast Green for your design/build landscape project you will be working with landscape designer Jessee McMath whom has been accredited the degree of Bachelor of Science in Landscape Architecture. With this degree and many years of hands-on experience, Jessee is able to produce landscapes that are creative, functional and financially sensible.
East Coast Green works with many different clients and our design work varies with each project. Design work can range basic foundation plans to large estate planning and multi-phased residential and commercial projects. We also offer onsite consultations for smaller projects, but in turn many decide to go with a design.
If you have never worked with a landscape designer before; follow along below to see what a typical design process entails.
- Client calls or emails a list of landscape needs.
- Information is passed onto our designer, whom then calls to discuss the project further and sets up an appointment for a site visit. There is a $65 per hour consultation fee for the first meeting. This fee will be credited towards the design if the client chooses to use East Coast Green for their project.
- During the site visit, the designer and client will walk through the site to discuss the project needsor intentions. Clients are encouraged to provide pictures to better convey their visions with the designer. Tip: To save time and money provide the designer with as much information about your property as possible, i.e. plot plans, house plans, other surveys.
- During this meeting the designer will give a quote for the design service. Once the estimate is agreed upon it is put in contract form.
- Design Contract – the contract for design services will include:
- Scope of Work,
- Site layout using recorded plot plan,
- Additional onsite measurements, and
- Photographs of property for design purposes.
Drawing package to include:
- 2-scaled landscape plans
- Plant List
- Quote for Installation of Design
Upon completion of the design phase, clients then have the option of having the work installed by East Coast Green, themselves or sending the project out to bid.